Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just added pictures to the Toms River album  (Read 7288 times)

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
Re: Just added pictures to the Toms River album
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 08:43:44 PM »
ok here it is Chuck..... Wish you were still that young?

Offline MagicRat

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
  • Tubby's-Home of the "BIG ONE"
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 06:51:01 AM »
I KNOW THAT GUY!
~HAMILTON KNIGHTS~

Offline troGNman

• Idling Member
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »
Surely you're mistaken.  That guy is much skinnier and doesn't wear glasses. 8)
Chuck   Columbus, NJ

Offline troGNman

• Idling Member
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 07:46:56 AM »
Welcome Chuck!..Good to see you on here..Yes, you would wave out the T-tops as you blew everyone's doors off!!! I remember the guy you're talking about..His name was Chris but we called him "Cordoba" because of the Chrysler he had..
George,  it was lots of fun blowing the doors off of carloads of guidos heading "down the shore" in their IROC's and Fireturd GTA's.  The assorted Mustang GT's were good competition especially the lighter LX hatches and notches.

I had much respect for the older musclecars at the time and I would choose my opponent wisely.  The exception being Stephen's "Thunder Jet" Cobra. ;)

It was a different time back then and most guys were generally cool.

Some of the places I used to remember during impromptu late night speed contests:
 -Double Trouble Rd. (Along the GSP)
 -Miller Air Park
 -Dover Rd (Berkeley Twp. ?)
 -Airport Rd. (Lakewood)
 -Depot Rd. (Lakewood)
 -ssshhhhhh, dont tell no one......RT37 :-X
Chuck   Columbus, NJ

Offline 460stang

• 1/4 Throttle Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 10:21:01 PM »
man what a blast we had back then.. i was there 1 night george had the 34 impounded,i believe miller air park.. the same night they got me for loud exaust.. i think steve and kevin were in the car with me when the cop asked me to start my car to hear the exaust. so i hit it easy a few times. he says no do it like you did back there.  so to the floor it went.. LOL

Offline 460stang

• 1/4 Throttle Member
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 10:28:12 PM »
dam i noticed the first 2 pics are of me with my 66 comet against john and the maverick.. i didnt think there were any pics of it around before it was painted.. they had to be taken by steve...

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
Does anyone have a phone number for Joe Bowens? We gotta get him on here too. Maybe he can get in touch with Denis?

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 09:48:18 AM »
Hey guys, we need more pictures to keep this thread going.  :ttiwwp:

Offline 460stang

• 1/4 Throttle Member
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »
well first the pic of the green mach1 was not nitrous pete's. his was a red 71.. and george i believe you need to have your eyes checked as an old ford guy i cant believe you cant tell the difference between a comet and a gto.. in that fuzzy pic john posted with pete pushing his car. the other car is my 66 comet before it was painted.  back when it had a tired ass 2v windsor in it..

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »
Hey if you want a re-match let me know bud! Also if you have any contact info for any of the guys from back then let me know.

Offline Satanic Mechanic

• Global Moderator
  • Full Throttle Member
    • Oldenburg's Automotive
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 11:11:49 AM »
What was it like to street race? I didn't get into that but wanted to.
Hollywood Knight of New Sharon
Knights Rule

joelson6

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
you always had to worry about loosing your license  ;)  :o

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 10:15:25 PM »
 :wow: Street racing was the ultimate. It was so much more fun than the track. There was just something really cool about doing something illegal and dangerous that made it much more fun. It's hard to describe but I liked it better. I wouldn't do it now though, too much to risk.

Offline HotRodHarry

• 1/4 Throttle Member
  • I sell New Ford/Dodge
    • HotRodHarrys.com
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
I too did alot of cruising seaside back in the day. With my gold with black stripes 69 Olds 442 and either teal or primer 67 Olds 442W30.

When I was hitting the streets then the top dog was Jim Pelicano and his black 81 Turbo Trans Am with one killer smallblack chevy in it. Tony Ugaro? Had a badass stock looking 69 427 Vette that hauled big time. Remember Al Piner? Worked at that speed shop in brick nj. He had a white Trans Am I think...or maybe it was a vette..kept putting bigger jets in and it would just go slower ;)

There use to be a summer crowd military guy that cruised seaside in a 68 Firebird with a 440 Mopar in it!! He reminded me of Nitrous Pete. This was back in the early 80's.

Remember a 69 Blue Chevelle SS396 named Bones? That was always around...and so,e guy that worked at 123 auto parts on 37 had a 428 69 Mach 1...fun ride.

Another guy Mark had a sweet 69 Camaro RS SS with a wicked blue pain job on it. That was nice.

Also some guy who owned a paint shop in Point I think...had a real nice 66 Goat with a 421 and tripower...whole car would twist when he got on it! He also built a nice 71 Camaro with a 400 pontiac in it. Was dark blue and later a friend named Jon Henrich owned it...he sold it to some guy in silverton i think and the last time i saw it it had a big band aid decal on the 1/4 panel after someone hit that beautiful car.

The first night I met Nitrous Pete was before he was Nitrous Pete...he was driving shotgun in his buddies 63 Falcon named Emerald Illusion..think it was a 351 with 3twos. Later Pete had a Maroon 70 Road Runner I think...he even raced that thing after his brakes gave out one night...always crazy. love that guy...good friends always through these years. We had a blast with our 03 Cobra Mustangs later on and just a couple years ago we were going back and forth with faster times in our supercharged 07 and 08 Mustangs. Good times always.

Thats it for memory lane for now gang. peace....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 09:51:56 PM by HotRodHarry »
Harry
2011 SMS 302 Mustang
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Buhlers Performance Garage
High Performance New Ford/Dodge Car/Truck Sales