Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just added pictures to the Toms River album  (Read 7983 times)

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
Re: Just added pictures to the Toms River album
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 10:24:12 PM »
You know his last name?? There's always facebook or just a search on the web. 
  Dennis Hruza I think is how it's spelled..He was in Florida..

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
WOW,Cruisin' Seaside...Dont they arrest you for that now?

Back then there was a "no cruising" law..Basically,if a cop witnessed you passing the same point three times they could write you a ticket..I personally never got one of these,but I knew people who did..Total B.S.!.. :taz:

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »
Just added 5 more pics to the album. This is all I have. Hopefully Steve V. will post some more. The one of my maverick with teh big bumpers is probably one of the first times I ever hung out in Toms River. This was taken at Roy Rogers on Rt 37 just before the seaside bridge which was one of the spots we used to hang. Some of the pictures I had written 1988 on the back.

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »
  That's cool stuff John..I didn't realize these were your pictures,thought they were Steves..The Mach I was Pete's car,I think..

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
Some were mine and Some I got from Steve many years ago. I think more were from Steve. I don't think the green mustang was Petes but it could have been. He had a red one that I remember.

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »
I just added one more I found. It's a poor quality picture but it captured probably one of my first street races ever. This one is from the late 80's and that's "Nitrous Pete Misinsky" giving me the push at the line(I didn't have a posi rear back then!). I don't remember who I was racing.
[img alt=]http://robbinsvillehotrods.com/simplemachinesforum/MGalleryItem.php?id=639[/img]

joelson6

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 09:49:59 PM »
 :coolthumbsup:

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 11:53:28 PM »
 The car in the other lane is none other than "Stormin' Norman" in his Red 66'/67 GTO..If I recall correctly(because I started this race) the Maverick won!

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 06:22:36 AM »
Are you serious? I can't believe Storman Norman had a slow car! Must have been before he got into the 5.0 mustang scene and became famous? My car had a bone stock engine back then that hadn't even been rebuilt. The only mod was a 4 barrel. You have any idea how to get in touch with Pete? His shop PJ' performance must have closed because the phone is dead.

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
  Sorry John,..It's a different Stormin' Norman than the 5.0 guy..This was a local TR guy that I went to school with.We called him Stormin' because he drove like a nut all the time...He had a SBC in that goat which ran pretty good but you got him this night..G

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »
Wow, that's why I was so surprised! That explains it.

Offline troGNman

• Idling Member
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
Wow!  Great pics and good times!   I'm guessing those TR pics were taken in late '86 - early '87.  Met a lot of cool guys out in that neck of the woods.  Some I still bump into on occasion.

George, that's not my GN (the Pope) in that pic.  That's a guy we used to call "Meatball"  (don't remember his real name, but he had a bitchin' Chrysler Cordoba before he got the GN).

The "real Pope" would wave to his adoring fans through the open t-tops. :coolthumbsup:

I'll study these a little closer and try to identify some peeps when I use my home computer.
Chuck   Columbus, NJ

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 06:22:18 PM »
Chuck, you don't happen to have a copy of that magazine that ran a story about the Freehold street racing scene do you? I saved my copy all these years but I'll be damned if I can find it now. It was the one where the mag was doing an article about a new vette and they went street racing in Freehold. They talked about racing a mustang, a gn, and Oliver's 427 Cyclone! May have been something like cars illustrated or something. Possibly Neil did the article but I can't remember. Anyway, I wanted to scan it to a pdf and post it on the site for all to read. I thought it would be cool. Let me know if you have it.

Offline Dan_Meighan

• Hamilton Knight
  • 1/4 Throttle Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 07:52:10 PM »
WOW,Cruisin' Seaside...Dont they arrest you for that now?

They have cops everywhere down there now. They are on bicycles, walking, cars, etc... All they want to do is give out tickets for anything. Last Sunday morning I almost got a $150 fine for walking my dog.

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »
Wow!  Great pics and good times!   I'm guessing those TR pics were taken in late '86 - early '87.  Met a lot of cool guys out in that neck of the woods.  Some I still bump into on occasion.

George, that's not my GN (the Pope) in that pic.  That's a guy we used to call "Meatball"  (don't remember his real name, but he had a bitchin' Chrysler Cordoba before he got the GN).

The "real Pope" would wave to his adoring fans through the open t-tops. :coolthumbsup:

I'll study these a little closer and try to identify some peeps when I use my home computer.

Welcome Chuck!..Good to see you on here..Yes, you would wave out the T-tops as you blew everyone's doors off!!! I remember the guy you're talking about..His name was Chris but we called him "Cordoba" because of the Chrysler he had..
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 08:24:53 PM by Hemiamx »