Username: Password:

Author Topic: New RHR home page  (Read 1703 times)

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
New RHR home page
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:28:34 AM »
Everyone should check out our new Robbinsville Hotrods home page at www.robbinsvillehotrods.com Alot of hard work was put in by a volunteer member Thomas Cetkowasi who's user name is Eotnak. Thomas responded to my request for a volunteer who can help build the web page and I think you will all agree that he has done a great job. The home page features pictures that randomize. The pictures also have text descriptions of what we like to do as a group. Also on the page is a menu that will take you to the forums, the media center, the events section, and a new page just for the Robbinsville Hotrods / Friendly's cruise. This new page also created by Thomas features the cruise night flyer with all the pertinant information about the cruise, a scrolling list of all of the cruise sponsors, directions/map of the cruise location, and several scrolling photos from Friendly's cruise nights. Photos on both pages were taken by Mike our club photographer. There are a few more features that will be added and some changes so keep checking back. I would like to give a big thank you to Thomas for his hard work on the site and also to Mike for all of his great photos.

Offline Hemiamx

• Hamilton Knight
  • Full Throttle Member
Re: New RHR home page
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »
 I kicks me off everytime I try to access it..I had to bypass the main page just to get on the site..Anyone else getting on the new main page?

Offline Eotnak

• Administrator
  • Idling Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
Well that's not a good way start things off  :wrench:
do you know what browser/version you're using?
TC, Titusville, NJ

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »
I have no problems with the new page using Google Chrome browser. When I try to use internet explorer 7 it says a problem occurred and internet explorer must be shut down every time.

Offline Eotnak

• Administrator
  • Idling Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 12:03:54 PM »
I'm looking into it...
TC, Titusville, NJ

Offline Toms Dogs

• Full Throttle Member
    • FLATHEADS comprehensive website
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
I'm looking into it...

I'm with Geo ( Hemiamx) :thumbdown: on the home page...

my only gripe with the 'former' home page was it said check out the GALLERY...

whereas MEDIA is what newbie users should be accessing for pics of vehicles

-FLATHEADS FOREVER ? Why complicate matters-

Offline John

• Administrator
  • Full Throttle Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 01:01:08 PM »
The gallery was the terminology usef with the first version of the forums. When I upgraded the forums to the newest version it was changed to the media. I never changed the wording on the home page I guess.

Offline Eotnak

• Administrator
  • Idling Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 03:12:02 PM »
I was able to reconfigure the site so that it loads in Internet Explorer 7.  The home page looks...OK, but the Friday's Cruise Night page is pretty much out of whack...again only in Internet Explorer 7.  Probably the same in Internet Explorer 6.

without getting too technical and boring... The easiest way to see the new home page the way it is supposed to look, either upgrade your browser to at least Internet Explorer 8:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-8-details.aspx

make sure that you download and install Internet Explorer 8, and not Internet Explorer 10.  Your computer is old, Internet Explorer 10 won't work on it  :naughty: (neither will Internet Explorer 9)

OR download and install Google Chrome:

http://www.google.com/chrome/‎

The software that runs in the background powering the website is not compatible with older versions of Internet Explorer.  To put it simply: You're trying to swap a burnt out ricer's 4 banger into your brand new Cadillac

PS.  No offense meant by the above comments, just ribbing  :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:44:42 PM by Eotnak »
TC, Titusville, NJ